Roaming within European Union (EU) Countries has changed. Selected prepaid bundles now include EU Countries roaming services. Lyca Mobile prepaid bundles that include an EU Countries roaming allowance are marked ‘EU Roaming’ and bear the EU emblem as below.
To see which of our prepaid bundles include an EU Countries roaming allowance, please click here.
These EU Countries roaming bundles allow you to make calls and texts, and to use a capped amount of data (specified in the ‘More’ option on each bundle) when roaming within EU Countries as if you were using your bundle at home. However, these selected bundles are subject to our Fair Usage Policy described below.
IMPORTANT: Some of our prepaid bundles do not include an EU Countries roaming allowance. Before purchasing a bundle, please check that it includes all the services you want to use.
*EU Countries includes EEA countries. The full list is below:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden
Pay As You Go
You can use EU Countries roaming services on Pay As You Go. Lyca Mobile Pay As You Go customers roaming within EU Countries will be charged at our Standard National Rates, as below. Receiving calls and texts while roaming within EU Countries will be free of charge.
|Swedish Landlines||Swedish Mobiles (Lyca Mobile)||Swedish Mobiles (Other mobile)||SMS (Lyca Mobile)||SMS (Other mobile)||Data|
|49 öre/min||49 öre/min||99 öre/min||49 öre/SMS||49 öre/SMS||99 öre/MB|
For call rates to non-EU Countries when roaming within EU Countries, please click here.
Fair Usage Policy and Important Information
- Our roaming services are intended for Lyca Mobile customers who visit EU AND EEA Countries for short periods, for example a holiday or short trip. Our roaming Fair Usage Policy is designed to prevent misuse of our EU AND EEA Countries roaming products and service.
- To use our EU AND EEA Countries roaming services you must first activate your SIM in your home country (and have purchased a Lyca Mobile product that includes EU AND EEA Countries roaming services).
- If over a four-month period we notice that you roam more than you use your phone at home, we might think you are permanently roaming. In such case we will send you a text message reminding you of the need to comply with our roaming Fair Usage Policy.
- If you do not comply with our roaming Fair Usage Policy within two weeks of the reminder text message, we will apply the following surcharges for your EU AND EEA Countries roaming usage:
- Calls: Kr 0.3 per min
- SMS: Kr 0.1 per SMS
- Data: Kr 0.06 per MB
- If you have a prepaid bundle that includes EU AND EEA Countries roaming services, then a different data limit may apply when you roam within EU AND EEA Countries. Please check here for details of the data limit.
- Your calls to other Lyca Mobile numbers are free at home (minimum top-up applies), but when you roam within EU AND EEA Countries they will be charged (or deducted from your bundle allowance) as standard calls.
- If we identify abusive usage of our roaming services due to organised resale or our SIM cards to persons who normally live outside of the Sweden then we may take immediate proportionate measures to stop this, which could include suspension of services. We will send a text message to any such affected SIM cards.
- If you have any queries about our roaming services, please feel free to contact us.